Working with the school to enhance the everyday safety of Gayton
The PTA Safety Committee provides an opportunity to be directly involved in your child’s safety. Members of the committee work in conjunction with the school’s safety committee and our school administration in a joint effort to keep Gayton as safe as possible. As a parent and/or member, you are encouraged to share safety concerns – if you see something, say something. Keeping our kids safe and happy at Gayton is our number one priority!
For questions or to sign up for the safety committee, email committee chair Heather Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- maintain and enhance the inviting and safe feel of Gayton Elementary
- improve communication with parents regarding safety drills and safety concerns
- serve as a PTA sponsored addition to Gayton’s safety committee focused on school violence prevention.
- provide an environment for parents to discuss safety suggestions and research on current best practices in school safety.
- provide additional safety equipment as needed and requested by the school
- encourage parent participation in school safety initiatives, like the safety committee and Gator Squad.
- provide any desired assistance from the school regarding safety drills, audits and classroom safety considerations.
- provide information and initiatives that teach skills on dealing with and that foster an atmosphere that prevents bullying.
Committee Meeting Minutes
Aug. 14, 2018 (PDF)
The Gator Squad is our school’s safety patrol for school events. Learn more about the program, and get involved.
For questions or to sign up for the Gator Squad, email committee chair Heather Schmidt at email@example.com.