The PTA is offering many exciting after-school enrichment programs during the 2017-2018 academic year.
February 26; March 5, 12, 19 & 26.
2:40-3:20: Supervised homework and snack time
3:20-4:20: Enrichment programs
Registration is open until Wednesday, Feb. 21.
Fun with Paint!: $65, presented by Ms. Horacek
See your imagination come to life with a variety of painting projects that students will be able to take home!
(Minimum 12, Maximum 20)
Nature Crafts and Art Concoctions: $50, presented by Mrs. Ford
Try your hand at rock painting techniques, shell art, and making art concoctions! Projects may be suitable for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gifts.
Kids Yoga: $45, presented by Ms. Bluford
Students will learn easy stretches, exercises, and relaxation techniques.
(Minimum of 9 students, Maximum of 15)
3rd -5th Grade
Coding: $45, presented by Mrs. Conway
Does your child enjoy playing mobile or online games? If so, have them come learn how to code his/her very own game! Students will learn through a visual programming language that allows them to create games, interactive stores, media-rich projects and more!
(Minimum of 7 students, Maximum 25)
Readers’ Theatre: $45, presented by Mrs. Basham
Children will learn to use voice and expression through dramatic reading. Students will also develop confidence in public speaking!
(Minimum of 7 students, Maximum of 20)
Slime and More!: $75, presented by Mrs. Karkosak
Students will explore and create the fourth form of matter, plasma! Also known as slime, gak, and flubber!
(Minimum of 10, Maximum 15)
Gardening Club: $60, presented by Ms. Patoray **This class is for KG-5th**
Be part of a school community garden! Students will plant, water, and maintain garden beds. We will introduce various gardening tips, ideas, the difference between perennials and annuals, and use creative thinking skills to map out the spring vegetable garden! We will even create some art for the garden!
(Minimum of 7 students, Maximum 15)
Kids Engineering: $60, presented by Mrs. York **This class is for KG-5th**
Children will use creative and critical thinking skills to complete different missions and challenges. Children of all abilities are welcome. Students will have hands-on learning, while using problem solving and decision making skills to work cooperatively with others. This class brings science and math to kids in a fun, creative, and challenging way!
(Mimimum 10 Students, Maximum 15)
Fun and Games: $45, presented by Mrs. Wright **This class is for 2nd-5th grades
Each day will be a different type activity: Speed stacking, Volleyball, GAGA Ball, Basketball lead up games, + more. Can’t decide what activity you want to do? You don’t have too. Mrs. Wright is going to have lots of fun choices each day you come to ASE.
(Minimum of 9 students, Maximum 25)
Cheerleading Squad: $45, presented by Mrs. Christopher & Jodi Donham
Get your Pom Poms ready!! Learn simple cheers that can be done at various school events and Gator Rallies!
(Minimum of 10 students, Maximum 20)
Please note the following policies:
- You will receive an email confirmation once enrollment forms and payment are received. Online registration will close on Friday, February 16th.
- Please send your completed Remittance Form to school with your child in an envelope marked- “After School Enrichment.” Download the packet with the form (PDF).
- The cost of the enrichments will go towards the funding of the programs, which will include staffing and equipment/materials. A portion of your registration will go directly back to the Gayton PTA to support future school endeavors!
- Financial assistance is available on a limited basis. If you would like to discuss, please contact Mrs. Clary, School Counselor. (Ms. Fisher after Feb. 5th.)
- Enrichment classes are 5 weeks. There will be no make-up classes in the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather. We must follow the Henrico County Schools inclement weather schedule.
- Students are encouraged to bring a healthy snack to eat during homework time. Please make sure all snacks are nut free. Please send a pencil for your child to complete homework assignments.
- Student pick up instructions will be sent to you after registration/payment is received.